NEENAH, Wis., March 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Americans spend a lot of time cleaning, and the act of cleaning also consumes their daily thoughts and overall happiness, finds a new survey from Viva® Brand. In fact, 60 percent of Americans do a deep spring clean every year and 47 percent of Americans spend between two and three hours a week cleaning their homes. Viva Brand reveals this information as it unveils a new packaging look and improved paper towels that clean like cloth.
Viva Brand understands that for those who embrace the unbeatable feeling of clean, it's always top of mind:
- Nearly twenty percent of respondents think about cleaning more than what they'll wear the next day, or their favorite TV show; fifteen percent think about cleaning more than what's for dinner.
- About one in five (21%) people say having a clean house makes them happier than sleeping in, while nearly one in five (19%) Millennials and Gen Xers prefer a clean house to dinner at their favorite restaurant.
- Over one in ten people (12%) say a clean house makes them feel better than going on vacation.
- Over half of all Americans (52%) say they judge people's homes based on how clean the bathroom is.
- Millennials are the most likely to clean before parents and in-laws come over (42% vs. 33% total) or before a date (24% vs 14% total).
"Viva Brand rethinks what it means to be clean with cloth-like towels that aren't limited to spills on a counter; they're built for tough messes in kitchens, bathrooms and other surfaces throughout the home," said Jennifer Nobui, general manager for Viva Brand. "Our towels are made for the highest standards of clean."
Spring into cleaning with the towels that clean like cloth:
Whether you're sprucing up the home or dedicating a block of time to deep clean this spring, Viva Brand knows what it means to clean and offers two types of towels to stand up to any job – from kitchens and bathrooms to appliances and windows.
- The new and improved 2-ply Viva® Multi-Surface Cloth™ is stronger, softer and more absorbent* so you can trap and lock in mess. Perfect for cleaning appliances, removing crumbs from counters and cleaning mirrors.
- Viva® Signature Cloth™ is soft like cloth and durable enough to tackle any mess with ease. Great for deep cleaning and removing hard, dried on messes.
- Viva® Pop-Ups are the soft and strong cloth-like towels you love, in a convenient, stylish portable box. With 50 percent of paper towel usage happening outside of the kitchen, Viva Pop-Ups make cleaning easy anywhere and everywhere messes happen.
Viva Brand towels are available online and at retailers nationwide. Prices vary by retailer. To learn more about the varieties and where to find them, visit VivaTowels.com.
Kimberly-Clark (NYSE: KMB) and its trusted brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Fueled by ingenuity, creativity, and an understanding of people's most essential needs, we create products that help individuals experience more of what's important to them. Our portfolio of brands, including Huggies, Kleenex, Scott, Kotex, Cottonelle, Poise, Depend, Andrex, Pull-Ups, GoodNites, Intimus, Neve, Plenitud, Viva and WypAll, hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position in 80 countries. We use sustainable practices that support a healthy planet, build stronger communities, and ensure our business thrives for decades to come. To keep up with the latest news and to learn more about the company's 147-year history of innovation, visit kimberly-clark.com or follow us on Facebookor Twitter.
*vs. Viva® Vantage®
All figures, unless otherwise stated, are from YouGov Plc on behalf of Viva® towels. Total sample size was 1241 adults. Fieldwork was undertaken between 21st - 22nd February 2019. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all US adults (aged 18+).
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/viva-brand-confirms-americans-think-about-cleaning-more-than-whats-for-dinner-300815156.html
Katie Heck/Ketchum, Phone: 312-228-6881, Katie.Heck@Ketchum.com, or Brook Smith/Kimberly-Clark, Phone: 972-281-1481, email@example.com