Kimberly-Clark Professional Introduces Jackson Safety Brand Realtree Camouflage Welding Helmet
ROSWELL, Ga., August 20, 2012 - For the welder who is also an outdoorsman, Kimberly-Clark Professional introduces an ultra-lightweight helmet with a camouflage design from Realtree, a leader in outdoor camouflage gear.
Jackson Safety Brand Realtree Camouflage Welding Helmet is rugged, yet weighs only six ounces. It features a Hydraflex Shell that helps reduce neck tension by providing maximum flexibility and durability. It's also protective and easy to wear.
"Realtree is one of the most recognizable brands within the outdoor market," said Kristy Giebe, Product Manager, Welding and Head Protection for Kimberly-Clark Professional. "Its camouflage patterns are extremely popular with North American sportsmen, making this helmet a natural choice for professional welders with outdoor interests."
The new Jackson Safety welding helmet is available in passive and Auto-Darkening Filter (ADF) lens options. Both provide excellent eye protection.
ADF helmets can greatly enhance productivity as well as comfort for end-users, according to a recent study. For instance, helmets with ADF lenses eliminate the need to "lift and nod" the helmet. Welders who use passive helmets spend three percent of the day "lifting and nodding." Use of an ADF versus a passive helmet can increase productivity by 12 minutes per day, per welder because of the time savings generated by not having to "lift and nod."1
The Jackson Safety brand Realtree Camouflage welding helmet is available in two ADF versions.
The WH60 Truesight Digital Auto-Darkening Filter, which meets ANSI Z87.1-2010 standards, is CSA Z94.3 compliant and features:
- An intuitive, digital control panel
- Variable shades 5-13, sensitivity and delay adjustments
- Large, individual buttons with LED indicators for Weld, Torch and Grind modes
- Four independent sensors positioned to reduce the possibility of blockage during welds
- An amber band pass to provide enhanced clarity of the weld puddle
- A built-in magnification lens
The WH40 Professional Variable Auto-Darkening Filter, which meets ANSI Z87.1 standards, is CSA compliant and offers:
- Variable shade 9-12, sensitivity and delay adjustments
- Battery power and a solar assist, with two independent sensors
- A technology that allows the unit to detect welds less than five amps
- A built-in magnification lens holder
Both ADF filters are powered by two easy-to-replace AAA batteries. The WH60 Truesight ADF Filter comes with a low-battery indicator.
For more information about Jackson Safety Brand Realtree Camouflage Welding Helmet, visit www.kcprofessional.com or call 1-888-GOKC (4652).
About Kimberly-Clark Professional
Kimberly-Clark Professional partners with businesses to create Exceptional Workplaces for their employees and patrons. KCP helps transform workplaces making them healthier, safer and more productive. Key brands in this segment include: Kleenex, Scott, WypAll, Kimtech, and Jackson Safety. Kimberly-Clark Professional, located in Roswell, Ga., is one of Kimberly-Clark Corporation's four business segments and can be visited on the web at www.kcprofessional.com.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust K-C's brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No. 1 or No. 2 share position in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company's 140-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com.
1. Productivity Claim for Welders Using an Auto Darkening Filter (ADF) Helmet Vs a Passive Helmet (Research Summary). Date: 7/29/2010. Authors: Cerita D. Bethea, Rick Zepp, Sandy Erreger, Martha Tate, Audra Wright