Huggies® and the National Diaper Bank Network Raise Awareness for Parents and Babies in Need During National Diaper Need Awareness Week
Diaper need is the lack of a enough supply of diapers to help keep a baby or toddler clean, dry, and healthy, and it is a recognized public health issue that impacts the physical, mental, and economic well-being of
Throughout the month of September, Huggies will donate* a case of diapers for every specially marked package purchased at Walmart, helping to ensure all babies have access to clean diapers and other basic necessities required for them to thrive and reach their full potential.
A nationwide study conducted by the NDBN and Huggies helped reveal the facts on diaper need in the U.S.:
- One in three
U.S.families reported experiencing diaper need.
- Nearly three in five families experiencing diaper need reported missing work or school due to lack of access to clean diapers needed for childcare services.
- Families reporting diaper need encompass a wide array of ages, racial groups and income levels. Of those in diaper need, 96 percent are under 45 years of age with the majority between 25 to 34 years of age.
- Of those in need, two-in-five families said they stretch the use of diapers by keeping a child in the same diaper longer, which can increase a child's risk for skin irritation and other serious side effects.
"Diapers are a basic necessity for every baby and toddler," said
With five million children in the
"Raising awareness for diaper need is more important than ever before given the COVID-19 crisis," said
There are several ways to participate in National Diaper Need Awareness Week:
- Host a physical or virtual diaper drive
- Volunteer at a local diaper bank
- Request proclamations from elected officials
- Engage on social media or share posts from The National Diaper Bank Network by using and/or following the hashtags #EndDiaperNeed and #HelpingHugs
- Make a monetary donation to the National Diaper Bank Network or support a local diaper bank in your community
- Purchase a specially marked box of Huggies at Walmart during the month of September and Huggies will donate* a pack of diapers to the National Diaper Bank Network
The National Diaper Bank Network member diaper banks help families in all 50 U.S. states, the District of
About the National Diaper Bank Network
The National Diaper Bank Network (NDBN) is a nationwide nonprofit dedicated to eliminating diaper need in America, by leading a national movement to help meet the basic needs of all babies and their families…including access to clean, dry diapers and other material goods. Founded in 2011 with the support of Huggies®, the network raises national awareness of diaper need (#DiaperNeed) and supports the development and expansion of diaper banks in communities throughout the country. Its active membership includes more than 200 diaper banks, diaper pantries, and food banks located in all 50 U.S. states, the
About the Huggies® Brand
For more than 40 years, Huggies has been helping parents provide love, care and reassurance to their babies. From developing innovative everyday products, to diapers and wipes donations, to partnering with NICU nurses to develop diapers and wipes, Huggies promises to ensure all babies get the care they need to thrive. For more information on Huggies, please visit Huggies.com.
*For every specially marked HUGGIES brand diaper product purchased
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/huggies-and-the-national-diaper-bank-network-raise-awareness-for-parents-and-babies-in-need-during-national-diaper-need-awareness-week-301131564.html
Jessica Lutchen, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, firstname.lastname@example.org