Who's The Boss? Inspired Moms!
DALLAS, October 16, 2012 - In honor of National Bosses Day, Huggies® MomInspired® and Tory Johnson (Spark & Hustle, New York Times bestselling author and "Good Morning America" contributor) have teamed up to welcome the latest group of "bosses" to the family. Now in its third year, Huggies MomInspired is a grant program that awards mom entrepreneurs with funding and resources for their own unique baby or child care idea.
Today, Huggies MomInspired Grant Program will officially announce 11 new grant recipients with the help of Tory Johnson at the All Baby & Child Kids Expo in Louisville, Ky. Each recipient will receive $15,000 to help fund their innovative business, product or service they created to help make life as a parent easier and more enjoyable.
"I'm thrilled to be a part of this program that is a leading example of how to help support women in business," Johnson said. "It's efforts like Huggies MomInspired that can help moms turn their passion and purpose into profit. After all, 84% of mompreneurs said becoming a mom encouraged innovation and creative thinking.1"
Johnson, a mompreneur herself, started her own business with very limited resources and understands the importance of programs like Huggies MomInspired to help provide funding to women in business - since women still receive well under 10 percent of equity financing2.
"Many women find it hard to get capital to fund a new business," Johnson said. "In fact, a recent Huggies MomInspired survey found that three out of four mompreneurs reported using their own personal savings to start their company.3"
In addition to the grant that the program provides, this new group of women will receive business advice from Maria Bailey, author, radio and TV personality and founder of BlueSuitMom.com, as well as support from Kimberly-Clark to promote their ideas. The 2012 grant recipients include:
- Aqueduck: Created by Susanna Lee, the Aqueduck extends the water in the sink and bathtub so that it is more accessible to children.
- Assessables: Created by Jonelle Krier, this newborn bodysuit allows for air drying of the umbilical cord, while keeping body covered for optimal thermoregulation.
- Babee Covee: Created by Alma Moussa and Romeda Arsanjani, this 6-in-1 luxury baby blanket saves space, time, and money and is perfect for germ-conscious parents and caretakers.
- Hold-On Handles: Created by Robyn Spritzer and Susanne Budofsky, this walking rope can be worn comfortably by mom and child. It is a fun and stylish tool to help moms teach young children to stay within arm's reach.
- Hulabye Happy Changer: Created by Erin Kelly, this soft fabric vest secures to any contoured changing pad and gently prevents baby from rolling or scooting during diaper changes.
- Lil' Hot Heads: Created by Traci Petty, this cooling headband comes in several different soft washable fabric choices meant for relieving fevers, headaches, sore muscles, etc.
- Padalily: Created by Lily Winnail, this plush and stylish reversible cushion wraps around infant car seat handle making seat handle more comfortable and easy to carry.
- SnuggWugg: Created by Lisa Cash-Hanson, this plush fabric covered shaped pillow holds baby snugly in place using a soft elasticized fit and forms a clean and safe barrier between dirty diapers and baby hands.
- Tuckaroo: Created by Kerry Mazzacano, this unique and innovative bib features an inner flap that tucks inside baby's shirt, completely encasing the collar, protecting from stains and wetness.
- Undercover Tape: Created by Michelle Isrow and Michele Naftal, this hypo-allergenic, latex free, colorful adhesive fabric tape covers tags, labels, sequins and irritating seams.
- Wall Bumpi: Created by Natalia Ortiz, this bed rail bumper provides a cozier, safer sleeping solution for parents who are transitioning their child into a toddler, or adult bed from a crib.
About the Huggies MomInspired Grant Program
The Huggies MomInspired Grant Program was created to help mompreneurs bring their start-ups and new product ideas to life by providing business counsel and funding. Since 2010, the program has received more than 1,700 applications and awarded 32 women with nearly half of a million dollars in grant money to help make their business dreams a reality.
For more information about the grant recipients and the program, visit HuggiesMomInspired.com.
Join the Conversation
To stay up to date on the latest Huggies brand and parenting news, follow @Huggies on Twitter and visit www.facebook.com/huggies or www.facebook.com/huggieslatino to become a fan and share tips and stories with other Huggies Moms.
About Tory Johnson
Tory Johnson is a mother, creator of two multi-million dollar businesses - Women for Hire and Spark & Hustle - and regular "Good Morning America" contributor. Since starting her first business with limited resources, Johnson travels throughout the country guiding thousands of other mompreneurs and has looked for ways to support and encourage women who are looking to start their own businesses and be their own bosses. She will be speaking about the true value of having the financial support and professional guidance that the Huggies MomInspired grant provides in everything from business-focused media interviews to parenting media interviews.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, nearly a quarter of the world's population trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds the No.1 or No. 2 share position in more than 80 countries. To keep up with the latest K-C news and to learn more about the company's 140-year history of innovation, visit www.kimberly-clark.com.
1 Huggies® MomInspired™ Mom Entrepreneur online survey was conducted by BSM Media between September 27-October 1, 2012.
2 2012 "The State of Women-Owned Businesses Report" commissioned by American Express OPEN
3 Huggies® MomInspired™ Mom Entrepreneur online survey was conducted by BSM Media between September 27-October 1, 2012.